Type of work: Full development of web based software system.
In this project I create a system that will be used on the shop floor to design and calculate the price of kitchen counter top layouts. The system had to be designed to work on IPads so the staff could use the system efficiently whilst working on the shop floor.
The end result was Granite Transformations where delivered a web based software system which they could use in an efficient manner on their shop floor. I needed to make sure that the system worked on IPads as using IPads was the preferred system the shop floor staff liked to carry out their work. To do this I used a responsive design so the user interface worked on both desktop computers and IPads.
The system delivered was a web based software system so it benefited from a centralized database and point of access via a web URL. The system had 2 levels of user, “Administrator” and “Staff”. Administrators have all the permissions the staff has as well as the ability to add / update / remove staff from the system.
After defining the floor plan the user then goes through a few more stages where various questions are answered by filling out a number of forms. The end result of this is that the user gets to a screen where a invoice can be emailed to the customer or printed out all from within the system.
All plans created are stored within the system and Staff can access any plans they have created. Administrators can access any plans created in the system whether they where created by the Administrator or any of the staff.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as the sole back-end developer.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customers on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Delivery of web based software system.