Type of work: Various module development for a new web based software system.
This project involved the creation of a web based software system to manage health and safety aspects of business. As part of the requirements the system was designed to be re-sold to other companies in a steam-lined process. The system does this by using a centralized database and code-base.
I delivered 3 modules to be used within the new web based software system namely, User Module, Organisation Module and Incident Module.
The User Module handled the signing into and out of the system, user accounts and the user account permissions.
The Organisation Module was all about storing organization details into the system including details of the people who work for that organization. Organizations themselves could have child organizations.
Users could be assigned to organizations and they could log in themselves to only be able to access information within their assigned organization. Essentially there is a fair bit of complexity involved in this module in terms of its parent / child relation and its relation to the User Module.
The Incident Module handled the logging of incidents that have happened within the organization. Incidents where categorized under various types and alerts could be sent to the user based on different rule sets.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as the sole back-end developer.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customer on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Used ActiveCollab to manage project.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Delivery of web based software system.