Type of work: Full development of web based software system.
In this project I develop a web based system that will be used to manage child day care companies. Peuternet is the name of the web based software product being developed. Peuternet was designed to be sold as a software as a service product, meaning multiple child day care companies can have their own instance of the software running from the same code-base and database. The idea being that Peuternet could be sold to multiple child day care companies.
I delivered a web based system which uses a centralized code-base and database. The system is designed in such a way that multiple instances of the system can be created and thus sold to separate day care companies.
There are 2 different types of user for each instance, administrator and user. An administrator can do everything a user can do but also has the ability to manage users.
The main areas involved in this system are user management, day part management, contract management and children management. Each of these areas is represented as a module within the system and has its own set of user interfaces to manage the related data.
- Interpreting the requirements from the client
- Liaising with the client throughout the project
- Managing client requirements using project management system (ActiveCollab)
- Creation of the web based software system
- Setting up the web based software system on server for client testing and feedback
- Delivery of the web based software system