Type of work: Full development of web based software system.
In this project I develop a web based system that will be used to manage child day care companies. Peuternet is the name of the web based software product being developed. Peuternet was designed to be sold as a software as a service product, meaning multiple child day care companies can have their own instance of the software running from the same code-base and database. The idea being that Peuternet could be sold to multiple child day care companies.
I delivered a web based system which uses a centralized code-base and database. The system is designed in such a way that multiple instances of the system can be created and thus sold to separate day care companies.
There are 2 different types of user for each instance, administrator and user. An administrator can do everything a user can do but also has the ability to manage users.
The main areas involved in this system are user management, day part management, contract management and children management. Each of these areas is represented as a module within the system and has its own set of user interfaces to manage the related data.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as the sole back-end developer.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customer on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Used ActiveCollab to manage project.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Delivery of web based software system.