Type of work: Various module development for a new web based software system.
BBSIP is an energy management system designed to be used by landlords wanting to manage and bill their tenant energy usages. BBSIP was also built to allow resellers to resell the system to different landlords.
I worked as part of a team to deliver various modules, namely the reseller and customer modules. The modules include numerous features such as the management of buildings, tenants, tariffs, reports and the billing of tenants plus lots more.
These modules that I created along with others make up the end system used by the client. This contract involved numerous programming tasks related to the creation of the modules.
The end result from my part was the delivery of the customer and reseller module.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as part of a team.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customer on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Used Jira to manage project.
- Debugged and modified software components.