Type of work: Full development of web based software system.
This project is about the creation of a web based system that will be used by solicitors to manage their cases. Upon request the system was designed to be resold to other solicitor firms. Each solicitor firm can have their own instance of the system which runs using the same codebase and database.
The end result is a web based system that was delivered by me to enable the law firm to manage their diary, cases and dictations. Each of these modules are quite full featured and include components such as datagrids, calendars, forms, email triggers / reminders and various configuration settings.
The system works from a centralized database and code-base, easily allowing multiple solicitor firms to sign up and use the system. Any changes to the core code-base effect all systems so any updates can be released without problem and the updates happen in real time. After signing into the system the company can only view and perform actions on their own data and cannot view and perform actions on another companies data.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as the sole back-end developer.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customer on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Used ActiveCollab to manage project.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Delivery of web based software system.