Type of work: Full development of web based software system.
The project involved creating a web based system that would allow Transport for London to manage their employees competency levels and give their employees valuable information on their competency levels and other key employee areas.
I delivered a web based system that works from a centralized database. The advantages of a web based system include the ability to run across multiple devices. The advantages of the web based system using a centralized database include the ability to access the same data source from any point in the world with an internet connection.
The system has 2 levels of user access, Administrators and Staff. Staff can use the system to check various job families and job roles. The various job families and job roles have competencies with their associated competency levels applied to them. The staff member can view his / her owned assigned job family, job role, competencies and their associated levels.
Administrators have the ability to manage all of the job families, job roles, competencies and competency levels. The administrators can assign these to users but the system will only these to be assigned if the Staff member meets the appropriate criteria.
- Directed software design and development while remaining focused on client needs.
- Wrote maintainable and extensible code as the sole back-end developer.
- Stored, retrieved and manipulated data.
- Consulted regularly with customer on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Rapidly prototyped new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
- Researched, designed and implemented scalable applications for information identification, extraction, analysis, retrieval and indexing.
- Planned, designed and developed robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Analysed and designed relational databases using MySQL.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular software products.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Used ActiveCollab to manage project.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Delivery of web based software system.